About our Program
New Albany Elementary is excited to share with you the changes in our Pre-Kindergarten Program. We now meet all Early Childhood Education requirements for Mississippi Department of Education. This includes a certified Pre-K teacher and a fully qualified teacher assistant in each classroom.
For additional information, please contact Principal Gwyn Russell at 534-1840.
- Each classroom is taught by highly qualified licensed teachers and qualified assistants.
- Follows the same calendar as the New Albany School District.
- The teachers work closely with Kindergarten teachers to know what is expected for the students to be prepared for Kindergarten.
- This program provides a safe learning environment that nurtures children’s language and emergent literacy. Children will grow in a developmentally appropriate setting with intentional learning occurring.
- Class size is limited to 20 students.with a 10:1 student/teacher ratio.
- The daily schedule includes activities that support oral language development, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving, self-help, and social/emotional development.